Through a highly individualized and customized four year process, Salem Academy’s college counseling program guides students through the college search, resume building, and the admissions processes. In 9th and 10th grade, students are offered a holistic approach to college counseling that focuses on self-discovery and exploration. In 11th and 12th grade, students receive focused, individualized guidance designed to help them find their best college fit.
This approach helps students:
- Define their unique post-secondary education and future career goals.
- Edit admissions essays.
- Request and write needed recommendation letters.
- Navigate the numerous stages and complexities of college admissions.
- Prepare and submit their applications and supporting materials.
- Work with families on the college financial planning process.
- Guide students through scholarship applications and opportunities.
- Complete other components of the college admissions process.
This intentional and structured program prepares Salem Academy graduates to transition confidently from the Salem community to the next stage of life and beyond.