Established in 1772 by the Moravian Church.
Oldest continuously operating educational institution for girls and women in the United States.
Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) and the Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS).
Not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization governed by a Board of Trustees.
Member of the International Coalition of Girls’ Schools, the National Association of Independent Schools, the Southern Association of Independent Schools, the North Carolina Association of Independent Schools, and The Association of Boarding Schools.
An Ideal Learning Environment:
- Average class size: 9 students
- 6:1 Student-to-teacher ratio
- 89% Teachers with advanced degrees
- AP courses and Honors courses
- Access to courses at Salem College, a women’s college with a Health Leadership Focus
- Earn up to 60 college credit hours
- 20+ Student clubs
- 5 Sports
- 2 Average number of internships completed before graduation
- 2 Theater productions per year
- 2 First Tech Challenge Robotics teams
- High School and College Courses in ALL areas – language, math, science, business, political science, nonprofit management, English